It is helpful to give a CD for people to use between sessions. As this programme is deliberately low-intensity and uses shorter meditations, none of the meditations on the CD I use are longer than 15 minutes. There are also three different versions of the breathing space, as this is an important part of the programme. I’ve also tried to get a mixture of male/female voices for balance.
The CD I give out contains:
- SOBER breathing space (female voice) [5:21] guided by Sarah Bowen
- SOBER breathing space (male voice) [4:05] guided by Devin Ashwood
- 3 step breathing space [5:02] guided by John Teasdale, from the Mindful Way Workbook
- Urge surfing [8:33] guided by Sarah Bowen
- Mountain meditation [11:33] guided by Sarah Bowen
- Body scan [12:11] guided by Vidyamala Burch, from Mindfulness for Health
- Treasure of pleasure [9:49] guided by Vidyamala Burch, from Mindfulness for Health
- Sound meditation [9:59] guided by Devin Ashwood
You could also include the Self-Compassion Break by Kirsten Neff.